Sunday, January 28, 2007

Simple Sweet & Sassy

Yesterday's no layer card was so much fun to make, I decided to try another today. For this one, I used a brayer to apply the ink inside the masked circle. The result was a much richer layer of color. I stamped the heart image from Sweet & Sassy, last year's Ronald McDonald House charity stamp set, inside the red circle. Even though this set has "retired," I still use it a lot. I outlined each of the hearts with my Stardust gel pen--I think the sparkle actually shows up a little in the picture . . . The sentiment was stamped using All in a Row. Since the block has two lines of images and I didn't want both to appear on my card, I colored the image I wanted to use with markers, then stamped. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get it straight (since my first try--without the SAMJ-- ended up in the trash). I added a little ribbon on the left side to finish the card off.
Supplies
From Stampin' Up!: Sweet & Sassy and All in a Row stamp sets; Whisper White cardstock; Real Red and Basic Black Classic inks and markers; black and red grosgrain ribbon; Stamp-a-ma-jig; Coluzzle (to make circle)
Other: Sakura Stardust Gel Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips