Monday, January 29, 2007

Wild Animals

The weekly sketch challenges at Splitcoast Stampers really inspire me to think outside of my usual stamping style. I had to think about this sketch for a few days before I was ready to give it a try. For the most part, I'm pleased with the final result. I used some of the animals from Wild About You, stamped in different pastel colors.
I did a few things to give the card a little dimension. The lion's mane and the flower are cut out and raised with stamping dimensionals. That tiny flower was a huge pain to cut! The giraffe's spots are another detail that adds some dimension--I love the spots on the giraffe. To make them, I punched holes on the spots on the stamped image using my anywhere hole punch, then attached a piece of Bashful Blue cardstock behind the giraffe image.
When I first put the pieces of the card together, it looked like there was too much empty white space, so I added doodling around the edges of the stamped panels and also inked the edges of the white panels with Pretty in Pink ink.

Supplies (all from Stampin' Up!): Wild About You stamp set; Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock; Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Apricot Appeal, and Cameo Coral Classic inks; Regal Rose, Barely Banana and Certainly Celery markers; anywhere hole punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips