Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Going Dotty

I love this color combination!I've always been a big fan of shades of blue, so I know I'll miss Cool Caribbean terribly when Stampin' Up! retires this year's In Color line this summer. Hopefully SU! will come up with with some equally fantastic replacements for this year's colors . . . Anyway, for this card, I wanted some spring-like images, so I started with the large flower from Polka-Dot Posies along with the Cuttlebug Bloom Dots A2 embossing folder. I think they coordinate pretty well. To continue with the dotted theme of the flower image and embossed cardstock, I added dotted organdy ribbon, some paper piercing, and white eyelets. The white eyelets are by American Crafts. They're just a tiny bit larger than Stampin' Up!'s, so they stand out a little more on a cardfront and that was the effect I wanted on this card. They came from the AC Moore near my house--it has a dollar section with some assorted American Crafts stuff (eyelets, buttons, ribbon) and I've been picking up some of it to try. The blue button is another AC Moore dollar section find. I'll have to make another stop there soon to see what else there is to try out . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Polka-Dot Posies stamp set; Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Cool Caribbean, and Whisper White cardstock; Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, and Cool Caribbean Classic inks; round tab punch; stampin' dimensionals; mat pack and paper piercing tool
Other: dotted grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Cuttlebug Bloom Dots A2 embossing folder; blue buttons and white eyelets (American Crafts); white linen thread (Walmart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips