Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Layer Cake

The sketch for today's sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers has a tall layer in the center of the cardfront, extending the full height of the card . I immediately knew that I'd use Eat Cake to complete this challenge. I've seen samples in lots of people's SCS galleries where they added extra layers to the cake from the Eat Cake set and this idea was a perfect fit for this challenge. To make the tall layered cake, I stamped the cake layers in Real Red and Barely Banana on scraps of Whisper White, then cut the layers out. I arranged the layers, alternating colors, on the panel over the cake stand, which I stamped in Chocolate Chip. The color combo for this card (Old Olive, Real Red, Barely Banana) came straight from the SU! Color Coach. The candles on the cake are topped with gold stickles for extra sparkle.
Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up: Eat Cake and Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp sets; Old Olive, Real Red, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock; Old Olive, Real Red and Barely Banana Classic inks; Real Red and Chocolate Chip markers; mat pack
Other: Gold Stickles

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips