Monday, February 19, 2007

New Toys!

This is the first criss cross card I've tried. I used the new paper I got this weekend at the big Joann etc. store that's a little farther from my house than the Joann I regularly go to. This Joann has a great selection of papers, stamps, inks, and other fun stuff--definitely worth the longer drive. This double-sided paper from Me and My Big Ideas is fun and springy. I normally wouldn't use these colors together, but they work well on the paper (Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Pink Passion, Gable Green). The pattern reminded me of the images from the Big Pieces stamp set, so I used one of the images to create a "pull" for the insert card. I colored the stamp with markers to get the two-toned image like the ones on the paper. I used a corner rounder on the insert card to go with the curves on the flowers and the Big Pieces image. The blue felt ric rac is also new. It adds a fun texture to the card.

I wasn't the only one in my house playing with new toys today--that wouldn't be fair. My mom brought Cosmo got a new toy--a doggie holiday stocking. Since Cosmo had surgery in October to unblock his stomach (blocked because he was eating "stuff"--like rice-filled bean bags, fiberfill from stuffed animals, etc.), he has missed having stuffed toys. A flat/unstuffed toy doesn't require removing mounds of fiberfill before he can enjoy it and I can have peace of mind while he plays! We've made it 6 weeks since his last medical crisis and I'm hoping we can extend that streak . . . Thanks, Mom!
Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Big Pieces, All in a Row, and Sweet Shapes stamp sets; Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White cardstock; Pumpkin Pie and Pink Passion Classic inks; Pink Passion and Bashful Blue markers; 1 3/8" and 1/2" circle punches; corner rounder
Other: Dandelion patterned paper (Me and My Big Ideas); light blue felt ric rac (Walmart); self-adhesive rhinestone (Joann $1 section); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips