Friday, February 16, 2007

A Perfect Pair of Pups

These picture frames feature my dog, Cosmo, and my sister's dog, Bella. I got the frames at Dollar Tree, thinking they'd be perfect to personalize for Cosmo and Bella's pictures. I traced the frame's outline on the back of the patterned paper, then cut out just inside the traced line. Then I covered the wooden frame with ModPodge and put the paper over the frame. After smoothing the paper, I applied another coat of ModPodge over the paper. While that was drying, I used my Cuttlebug to cut out the letters of each dog's name from chipboard (well, actually the empty box from my Special K with Berries cereal . . .). I rubbed Stampin' Up! Craft inks over the letters to color them. The letters are stuck to the frame with stampin' dimensionals. On Bella's letters, I added self-adhesive rhinestone "bling," since Bella is a bling-y kind of dog, and tied some ribbon around the frame. On Cosmo's frame, I added a "Dog" label that seemed a little more rugged and more appropriate for a large, male dog, especially one sporting a camouflage bandanna . . .

Supplies Used:
From Stampin' Up: Brilliant Blue and Close to Cocoa Craft inks; navy, chocolate, and rose grosgrain ribbon; stampin' dimensionals
Other: bone shaped photo frames, self-adhesive rhinestones (Dollar Tree); dotted ribbon (Michael's wooden bobbin ribbon); Dog label (Junkitz); paw print patterned paper (Susie Musie from Paper Adventures); matte finish ModPodge; Cuttlebug Red Tag Sale alphabet

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips