Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Quickly "Chicken" In

I have a quick card to post today. Wednesdays are crazy days!! In addition to my full-time job, I'm just over half way through completing my masters degree in instructional technology and my classes meet on Wednesday evenings. I guess that's part of my reason for blogging. If I'm studying how to effectively utilize technology, I should be actively investigating the latest trends, so here I am . . .

This card is for a colleague who is having surgery this week. I wanted to let her know that I'm thinking of her, so I picked the "Just chicken in" image from the Best of Cluck stamp set. I got the image through the SCS WISH-RAK forum. This is a set that isn't my usual style and one I probably wouldn't use too often, so it's great to have a way to get just a few of the stamped images to play with. It's so much fun to come home and get stamped images in the mail--certainly much more inviting than the tall stack of bills!

I watercolored the chicken using my aquapainter and several different inks (Summer Sun, Creamy Caramel, Really Rust). I'm definitely not the greatest watercolorer--I need a lot more practice on this. I decided I didn't like the flat look of the original image, so I watercolored a second chicken image, cut it out, and placed it over the first chicken, using a stampin' dimensional. Much better! The edges of the white panel were brushed against my Really Rust ink pad, picking up the rust tones in the chicken and in the ribbon. The brads were a simple, final additon.

Materials Used:

From Stampin' Up!: Best of Cluck and Canvas stamp sets; Basic Black, Sun, Creamy Caramel, and Really Rust Classic inks; Summer Sun, Creamy Caramel, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White cardstock; aquapainter; stampin' dimensionals; distressing tool
Other: mesh; gold square brads (Joann); ribbon (American Crafts)

1 comment:

  1. Love this card! They layout, colors, and your art work!! Super~Duper job!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips