Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Day!

Since I'm no longer a classroom teacher after my move to a position in the school system's central office , for me "snow days" are few and far between. In addition to being Valentine's Day, today was one of those rare snow days (What a pair--snow and Valentine's Day. How fun to be a single, female homeowner with an icy sidewalk and car to dig out all alone . . .). In honor of this occasion, here's a snowy day card. I used my new Cuttlebug A2 Snowflake embossing folder for the cardfront. The focal image is the sweater and hat from Bundle Up. The hat has a very tiny white pom-pom on the top--so cute! The white mat looked boring when I first set the pieces of the card in place, so I doodled around the edges of the mat with a Brilliant Blue marker. I distressed the edges of the Ballet Blue panel with the distressing tool and brushed it with White craft ink to soften the blue. The fun tab on the right side of the card was made with my new round tab punch that will be available in Stampin' Up!'s upcoming Spring Mini catalog.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Bundle Up and Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp sets; Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue, Ballet Blue, and Whisper White cardstock; Brilliant Blue Classic ink; White Craft ink; Brilliant Blue and Bashful Blue markers; white brads; distressing tool
Other: Cuttlebug A2 Snowflake embossing folder; white organdy ribbon (Joann); pom-pom (Joann)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips