Friday, February 23, 2007

Two for One Today

Today's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS was to use a scrap of ribbon on a card. Finding a scrap of ribbon definitely wasn't a problem for me--but picking which scrap to use was! I have a big plastic jar on my stamping table, jammed with little bits and pieces of ribbon that I haven't thrown away because I'm sure the right use for them will appear someday . . . In addition to the ribbon scrap that's tied to a copper spiral clip, I used a sponge to apply some of the ink, which was Thursday's Ways to Use It Challenge. I stamped the smaller flower and leaf from You Make Me Happy in Versamark, then heat embossed the images using clear embossing powder. Then, I used a piece of sponge to dab and rub Ruby Red ink over the paper with the embossed images. I have been wanting to try this technique with this stamp set because of the textured features of the stamps. When you see the card up close, this adds an interesting detail.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: You Make Me Happy, Everyday Flexible Phrases, Linen and Word by Word stamp sets; Ruby Red, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White cardstock; Ruby Red, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, and Chocolate Chip Classic inks; Versamark; Crystal Clear embossing powder; sponge; spiral punch; round tab punch; distressing tool; chocolate grosgrain
Other: copper brad (Joann); copper clip (Target)

1 comment:

  1. Lori,
    this card turned out great!
    i truly love the color choice.
    iam a fan of the earth element colors.
    you are right the texture of the flower looks awesome embossed. actually this card makes me go look at the set, after i finished writing this :-)

    did you use the rough texture wheel on one of the layers? just wondering what stamp this is or is it the stamp out of the mini catalog?
    claudiaesrosa@hotmail.com
    aka scs claudiafromgermany

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips