Friday, February 9, 2007

Two Trees Three

I am loving the Trees Three set in the current SU! Winter Mini catalog. I was immediately drawn to it when I saw it, even though it isn't the kind of stamp set I usually use. When I first got it, I had a hard time starting to use it, but now that I've gotten started, I'm thinking of lots of ways to use it. The tree image is kind of stark and angular, but with the right background and accents, it makes a beautiful focal image on a cardfront. This card was made by stamping the tree image inside a masked circle, then filling in the area inside the mask (around the tree image) with stamped leaves and flowers and sponged-in sky and grass. The white cardstock is folded on the left side, making a 4" x 5 1/4" card, which is attached to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of colored cardstock (here, Cool Caribbean), the same size as a standard cardfront.

I used the same layout for this card, but in this version, I used a small heart stamp in the tree instead of the blossom stamp. I also added a little glitter with a Stardust gel pen by outlining all of the hearts on the card. This little change, along with an appropriate sentiment, makes the card perfect for a Valentine greeting. Wonder who I should send it to . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Trees Three and Simple Sayings stamp sets; Whisper White, Pixie Pink, and Cool Caribbean cardstock; Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, Pixie Pink, Green Galore, and Cool Caribbean Classic inks; sponge; celery, light pink, and taupe grosgrain; pink gingham; Pixie Pink marker
Other: dollar stamps from Michaels and Joann; mega scalloped circle punch; Sakura Clear Stardust gel pen

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sending me your lovely card!

    It really brightened my day!

    Deloris

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great...I have this set and haven't used it near enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the your technique for this card. I love to look at your site. I have you on google reader but I don't always check it. Tonight I was looking over like 20 of your posts. Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing your talent. Working and going to school? How do you have time to stamp? I teach high school and would like to get the guts to go and get my masters too. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips