Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Colorful Buds

Today's color challenge on SCS included colors I wouldn't think of putting together--Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Old Olive, So Saffron, and Cool Caribbean. But, when I tried the combo, I found that they worked really well together! I used the Basics Outline jumbo wheel (wheeled diagonally across the cardstock to make the design look more "random"), then filled the images in with stamps from Bud Basics. I think it's so cool how the wheel and stamp set are designed to work together. I hope there will be more sets like this in the new Stampin' Up! catalog this summer. I sponged around the images with Cool Caribbean ink, then sponged the edges of the panel with Really Rust ink. I used the spiral punch to make holes along the edge of the Old Olive cardstock, then , using the ink pad, brushed Old Olive ink along the edges and randomly over the cardstock. In the picture, it looks like the cardstock is crumpled, but it isn't. All that detail came from the brushed-on ink. The final touch was Platinum Stickles in the flower centers.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Bud Basics and Small Script stamp sets; Basics Outline jumbo wheel and handle; Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Old Olive, So Saffron, and Cool Caribbean Classic inks; Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, So Saffron, Cool Caribbean, and Very Vanilla cardstock; sponge; stampin' dimensionals; large oval punch; spiral punch; 1/8" handheld punch; chocolate grosgrain
Other: Platinum Stickles (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips