Sunday, March 18, 2007

Featured Stamper Fun

Today is the weekly Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS. This week's featured stamper is Duckwaddlequack/Angie--what a cute user name! She is also a blogger. You can find her SCS gallery here and her blog here: Quacking Creations.
So, the rules for the challenge are that you have to change 2 (or more, as I always end up doing) things from the original card. In this card I kept the layout and colors the same as in the original card. I did switch the colors around though. I made the cardfront Cranberry Crisp, instead of So Saffron and matted the focal image with the So Saffron instead of the Cranberry Crisp. I also changed the stamp sets used for the main image and sentiment. The original card used the flower image from Natural Beauty. Demonstrators received this set at SU! Regionals several years ago. That's where I got mine, because this is not a set I would have purchased--just not my style or taste at all. I do like the stamp with the block of words in this set, and I did use that on this card. Instead of the flower image from Natural Beauty, I used one of the flower images from Sassy Stems. I colored the image with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and aquapainter (still need more practice with the watercoloring . . .). I added some splattered dots with my color spritzer tool. That was fun! The final touch was some Platinum Stickles on the dots of all of the i's in the word blocks on the right side of the card base and at the base of the flowers. I got this idea from Diane, one of my tablemates, at last weekend's Baltimore shoebox swap. Thanks, Diane!

Materials Used:

From Stampin' Up!:

Sassy Stems, Warm Words, and Natural Beauty stamp sets; Basic Black and Close to Cocoa Classic inks; Cranberry Crisp, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock; Close to Cocoa marker; Watercolor Wonder Crayons; aquapainter; color spritzer tool; distressing tool; Crystal Effects; Stamp-a-ma-jig; 1/16" handheld punch

Other: Platinum Stickles (Ranger); square copper brads (Joann)

1 comment:

  1. Another great card...nice stamps in the BG, good work on the distressing and love that stamp (especially when it is colored so well)!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips