Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy Day--New Stamps

Today's sketch challenge on SCS was the perfect opportunity to use the new Butterfly Kisses set from Papertrey Ink that came in the mail on Monday. And by the way, I was really impressed with how quickly my Papertrey stamp sets arrived. Ordered on Thursday, at my front door on Monday--wow! As I said yesterday, the stamps are clear acrylic stamps. One of the advantages of using acrylic stamps is because they're clear, it's easy to see exactly where you're stamping an image.
For this card I stamped the butterflies in Versamark on glossy cardstock, then filled in the empty spaces with the swirly circle image. Once the images had dried, I brayered Regal Rose classic ink over the cardstock. Versamark Resist is such a simple technique, but it really looks cool. SCS has a step-by-step tutorial on this technique here. I stamped the sentiment using stamps from the Paper Tray set. I used classic (dye) ink on the stamps and they stamped a clean, crisp image. I haven't found this to be true with some other brands of acrylic stamps, so that is a definite plus for these stamps. I finished the sentiment panel by stamping a small butterfly and covering it with my clear Stardust gel pen and adding a row of paper piercing at the bottom. After giving these sets a try, I can't wait to see what else is ahead from Papertrey Ink.
Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Regal Rose Classic ink; Versamark; Barely Banana, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock; glossy white cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white grosgrain ribbon; stampin' dimensionals; distressing tool
From Papertrey Ink: Butterfly Kisses and Paper Tray stamp sets
Other: Clear Stardust gel pen (Sakura); acrylic blocks (Joann)

2 comments:

  1. Great looking card! Envy growing here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful lori,
    i love your choice of colors.
    the distressed edges are just the perfect touch on the card

    claudia

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips