Saturday, March 24, 2007

More VSN Fun . . .

One of Saturday's VSN challenges was to create a luggage tag. This is such a great idea--I am one of those people who has a suitcase that looks exactly like everyone else's and so I always have a difficult time identifying my own. I had the perfect stamp for this. It lists lots of awesome travel destinations across the world, most of which I have unfortunately not seen. I found the stamp on clearance at Michaels last week and knew I'd need it for something (like, maybe the travel scrapbook I've been working on for two years . . .).

To make the tag, I stamped the "L" from Letterpress Alphabet, then masked it with a post-it note. I stamped the travel stamp on top of the letter, covering the card. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the text, since I had to stamp the image twice to fill up the tag. I snipped the edges of the panel with the ticket corner punch, then layered the panel over Night of Navy and Bravo Burgundy panels, then jammed the stack inside the luggage tag. The final touch was some grosgrain ribbon threaded through the top. I can't wait to take a trip so I can use my new tag! In the meantime, I think I'll amuse myself by making some of these for friends and family.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!:
Letterpress Alphabet stamp set; Bravo Burgundy and Night of Navy Classic inks; Bravo Burgundy, Night of Navy, and Whisper White cardstock; ticket corner punch; stampin' dimensionals; Stamp-a-ma-jig
Other: travel stamp (Inkadinkadoo); plastic badge holder (Walmart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips