Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Sending Warm Thoughts to Me

I woke up this morning not feeling so great and unfortunately, I felt worse and worse as the day wore on, so I thought I'd make myself a "feel better" card with a cup of hot, soothing, chocolately cocoa on it. I used this week's SCS sketch challenge for the layout of this card. The background is Cranberry Crisp cardstock embossed with the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls A2 embossing folder. That awesome cranberry color is another of Stampin Up!'s 2007 In Color line that I'll be stocking up on before it's retired in June. The pink patterned paper has a swirly design that's similar to the embossed image. I never thought I'd like pink and cranberry together, but it seems to work. The marshmallows on the top of the cocoa are puffed up with Liquid Applique--and I even managed not to get the marshmallows too "toasty" this time!

If you have a chance, check out Craft Critique. This blog shares crafters' opinions and reviews of a variety of crafting products and materials. This week, there's a feature on paper punches. If you look carefully (and are a regular reader of Inking Aloud), you might even see something familiar . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Like it a Latte stamp set; Close to Cocoa Classic ink; Cranberry Crisp, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock; Chocolate Chip marker; chocolate grosgrain; stampin' dimensionals
Other: Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls A2 embossing folder; white Liquid Applique (Marvy Uchida); patterned paper (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips