Thursday, March 8, 2007

Simply Sparkly, Part 2, and Sweet, Too

I'm still not feeling well today, so before I head to bed for the night, I'm sharing two cards I finished earlier this week. The first, as promised on Monday, is another sparkly card I sent out earlier this week to a fellow SCS blogger. Hope she receives it soon! It uses the same color scheme as the card I posted on Monday, but has a different layout and different embellishments. The color scheme came straight from SU!'s Color Wheel, one of my favorite tools. I rounded the edges of the card base and the panel with the Big Pieces images to go along with the shape of the stamped images. A little different, but fun.

The second card uses the giraffe from Wild About You. The giraffe is stamped in YoYo Yellow craft ink, then covered with clear embossing powder. After heating the powder to melt it, I used different size hand-held circle punches to punch out the holes in the giraffe image. I put a scrap of Creamy Caramel cardstock behind the holes to "fill" them in. After having fun last week using the pink flocked paper I found on clearance at Target, I went back in search of more. (It is dangerous to live one mile away from Target and work one mile away from another!) This time I found green flocked paper on clearance--perfect to pair with a wild animal. The "sweet" sentiment from So Very is stamped on the round tab punch. I've noticed that I'm reaching for that "sweet" for a lot of my cards lately. This is actually version 2 of this card. In the first version, I used the Dotted background on the Garden Green cardfront. It was too much, so for this version, I opted for the much more subtle Linen background stamp.

Materials Used (Big Pieces card):
From Stampin' Up!: Big Pieces and Sweet Shapes stamp sets; Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue, and Pixie Pink Classic inks; Versamark; Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue, Pixie Pink, and glossy white cardstock; iridescent ice embossing powder; small corner rounder; 1/8" hole punch; stampin' dimensionals; celery grosgrain
Other: gold brads (Joann)

Materials Used (Giraffe card):
From Stampin' Up: Wild About You, So Very, and Linen stamp sets; Garden Green Classic ink; YoYo Yellow Craft ink; Garden Green, Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock; clear embossing powder; mat pack and paper piercing tool; round tab punch; 1/8" and 1/16" hole punches; stampin' dimensionals; chocolate grosgrain

Other: flocked paper (Target)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips