Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Think Spring

Today's Color Challenge on SCS featured bright, springy colors. Since snow is in the forecast here, I thought it would be fun to create a card using those colors to help me to think spring, even if spring seems to be far away. I open my front door each morning to large patches and piles of crusty, icy snow in my yard from last month's snow/ice events--and probably will do so until April, since my front yard gets so little sunlight.

I used Flower Filled, a spring-like stamp set for the main image of this card. The vase is cut out and raised with stampin' dimensionals. The flowers were stamped, then punched out with the 1/2" circle punch. Some of them are on dimensionals, too. I also added some self-adhesive rhinestones to the flower centers. I did a much better job of opening the rhinestone container today--I don't think I lost any this time. I think the "bling" really makes the card complete.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Flower Filled and All in a Row stamp sets; Regal Rose, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock; Regal Rose, So Saffron, and Certainly Celery Classic inks; celery grosgrain; Stamp-a-ma-jig; stampin' dimensionals; 1/2" circle punch
Other:
self-adhesive rhinestones (Dollar Tree)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips