Friday, March 16, 2007

Welcome to a New Star

One of my colleagues is expecting her first baby early next month and I knew I wanted to make a special card to welcome her new little boy. When I saw today's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS, I immediately knew what I would do. The challenge was to create a card with only a sentiment stamp and one layer of cardstock, plus any embellishments you wanted. My card uses chipboard pieces from a H-U-G-E slab of Colorbok chipboard pieces I got at Michael's. Since they're patterned on one side, I flipped them over to the white side and inked them up. The moon was inked with Barely Banana Craft ink and the star was inked with Versamark, then covered with Gold Glory embossing powder and heat embossed. Blue and clear self-adhesive rhinestones to completed the starry sky. The sentiment, from the set Small Sayings, matches the star and moon image perfectly. The card took less than 20 minutes to make from start to finish. I'm really happy with how this turned out--I just wish it photographed better . . .

Cosmo and I braved a sleet storm to go to the vet today for his bloodwork. For some reason, it never fails to rain/snow when I have to put him in my car!! I will get the results back early next week--hope for good news . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Small Sayings stamp set; Bashful Blue cardstock; Barely Banana Craft ink; Night of Navy Classic ink; Versamark; Gold Glory embossing powder; stampin' dimensionals
Other: chipboard pieces (Colorbok); narrow white organdy ribbon (Joann); self-adhesive rhinestones (Dollar Tree)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips