Sunday, April 1, 2007

Challenge Cards with Craft

This week's Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS highlighted Emily's (emilymomto3boys) gallery. You can find her gallery here. Her gallery is enormous and has a number of fantastic cards. It took me a LONG time to decide which cards of hers to CASE. I finally ended up picking two cards that used craft inks. I really loved her cards that used craft inks on kraft paper, so I decided to work with one of those. I kept the card's layout exactly the same, but switched the stamp set used and the card base color, as well as the craft ink colors used. Instead of using Rich Regals Craft inks, I used colors from the SU! Bold Brights color family. The craft inks really do look fantastic on kraft cardstock--so vibrant and bold! The original card can be found here.

The second card uses letters from Headline Alphabet stamped in craft ink, then stamped over with a sentiment using classic ink. I kept the layout of the card the same as the original on this card, too. The original card used a different background (Floral) than the Paisley I used. I changed the sentiment on the card, too. The original said MANY thanks, while my version says heartfelt THANKS. I also changed the detail on the ribbon. I punched out a little circle buckle from Brushed Silver cardstock and threaded the ribbon through the buckle. The original version of this card can be found here.

Materials Used (Floral Card):

From Stampin' Up!: Bodacious Bouquet stamp set; Real Red, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, and Green Galore Craft inks; Real Red, So Saffron, and kraft cardstock; 1 3/8" circle punch; red grosgrain
Other: hardware (Joann)

Materials Used (Thanks Card):
From Stampin' Up!: Headline Alphabet, Heartfelt Thanks, and Paisley stamp sets; Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip Classic inks; Regal Rose Craft ink; Regal Rose and Rose Red cardstock; Brushed Silver cardstock; rose grosgrain
Other: buckle punch (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips