Sunday, April 8, 2007

Featured Stamper Duo

The stamper selected for this week's featured stamper challenge is HB (see her gallery here). I selected a card using Cool Caribbean and patterned paper to CASE. The original card used Happy Harmony (see it here). My version used a stamp from Heartfelt Thanks. When I first saw the flower image in Happy Harmony, I immediately thought it looked similar to one of the images from Heartfelt Thanks. I inked the image, then misted it with water to create a soft look. I stamped it 3 times, without reinking, so the images are different color intensities. If I stamped this again, I would place the flowers differently--they should be higher up on the panel so the ribbon doesn't hide them. I also used different patterned paper than in the original card. Keeping with the pattern of using something very similar to the original card, I used a strip of Au Chocolate designer paper. I used a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Paper Tray set.

Since HB's gallery featured some fantastic Bella cards, I also had to do one using a Bella (see more at Stamping Bella). This card kept the same layout and color scheme as the original card, but used a different Bella (see the original card here). I colored the Bella with aquapainters and ink pads and added some Stickles to the flowers. If you look closely, you can see that I added a row of tiny white polka dots to the bottom edge of Bella's dress with my gel pen. Instead of cutting images from patterned paper for the flower border, I stamped and punched out images from Big Pieces. I tried to make a doodled border like the one in HB's card. At first I didn't like how it looked, but the more I look at it, the more it's growing on me. I guess doodling is one of those things that you need to practice doing to feel good about it.

Materials Used (Thank You card):
From Stampin' Up!: Heartfelt Thanks stamp set; Cool Caribbean and Close to Cocoa Classic inks; Cool Caribbean, Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White cardstock; Au Chocolat designer paper; mat pack and paper piercing tool; distressing tool; sponge
Other: Paper Tray stamp set (Papertrey Ink); turquoise textured cardstock (DCWV); brown eyelets (American Crafts); cool caribbean-ish grosgrain (AC Moore dollar bin)
Materials Used (Bella card):
From Stampin' Up!: Big Pieces, Little Pieces, and Riveting stamp sets; Basic Black, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Taken with Teal, and Really Rust Classic inks; Green Galore, Rose Red, and Whisper White cardstock; aquapainter; Rose Red marker; dimensionals; scalloped scissors; mat pack and paper piercing tool; 1/2" and 1 1/4" circle punches; white gel pen
Other: Flowahbella stamp (Stamping Bella); Fruit Punch and Waterfall Stickles (Ranger); Light Peach marker (Prismacolor)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great card!!! It would be great to send to someone in need of cheering up!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips