Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Flowers, Flowers, and More Flowers

For today's SCS sketch challenge, I pulled out a slightly neglected stamp set--Simply Said. This set was one of my absolute favorites last spring. I used the flower images from Simply Said, along with one of the matching jumbo wheels, Scatter Sunshine. Sticking with the flower theme, I also used some of the flocked paper I got at Target on this card. After I was finished with the card, I realized that this is the first time I colored the flowers in the image of the flowers on the dotted stems in two different colors. Usually I go for the monochromatic look. I added matching Stickles to the center of the tiny flowers. Of course, I forgot Lori's First Rule of Stickles Use--I will always find a way to smear the Stickles, whether it be caused by the card falling over on its front on its own or by me knocking it over OR by forgetting that the Stickles are there and need time to dry before tinkering just a little more with the card layout. In this case, all of the above occurred, but I was able to undo most of the damage. I tied the metal flower charm on to the grosgrain ribbon to finish the card off.

On a personal note, tonight was my last graduate class for the semester. With the end of today's class, I am officially half way through my (second!) masters degree program. I have a six week break until my summer class starts--two nights a week for 2 1/2 hours a session. What was I thinking when I signed on to do this??!!

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Simply Said stamp set; Scatter Sunshine jumbo wheel and handle; Basic Black, Regal Rose, and Bashful Blue Classic inks; Regal Rose, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, and Whisper White cardstock; Bashful Blue and Regal Rose markers; mat pack and paper piercing tool; stampin' dimensionals; white grosgrain
Other: flocked paper (Target); metal flower charm (Around the Block); Waterfall and Fruit Punch Stickles (Ranger); rose brad (Making Memories)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips