Sunday, April 22, 2007

Not a Green Thumb, but a Cool Caribbean One

The featured stamper for today's Featured Stamper challenge on SCS is Reneejul1/Julie. She has some great cards in her gallery. This one immediately stood out to me and I created a variation of it for the challenge. I loved how the Linen background looked when it was embossed, so I kept that design element in my version of the card, along with the colors of the card and the basic layout/arrangement of the layers and image. I used my new Papertrey Ink stamp sets, Green Thumb and Faux Ribbon, for the card, instead of the images from Both Way Blossoms. I stamped the flower images using chalk inks. The chalk inks work really well with Papertrey's acrylic images. There's a dot of Stickles in the center of each flower for some sparkle and some Tempting Turquoise ink sponged around the flowers. I wish these little details showed better in the photo! I changed the placement of the ribbon and sentiment, moving them to the bottom of the stamped panel so they wouldn't cover the flower images. The Faux Ribbon set has a great variety of sentiments (I had a hard time deciding which one to use here!) and they fit perfectly in my punches. I know I'll reach for it a lot.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Linen background stamp; Tempting Turquoise and Basic Black Classic ink; Versamark; Cool Caribbean, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock; Crystal Clear embossing powder; red grosgrain; large oval punch; ticket corner punch; sponge
Other: Aloe Vera and Sea Breeze VersaMagic chalk inks (Tsukineko); Lipstick Red Fluid Chalk ink(Colorbox Primary Queue); white eyelet (American Crafts); Fruit Punch and Waterfall Stickles (Ranger)

2 comments:

  1. This looks great...what a fun color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are so bright. Hard to have a bad day if you receive this card! Can't wait for my Faux Ribbon set--it's been shipped! Adding you to my daily blog stops. Nice to "meet" you! ljm

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips