Monday, April 2, 2007

Saturday Sketch on Monday

Lauren (mytime on SCS) posted a sketch challenge on her blog on Saturday. I really liked the sketch, so I had to give it a try. In her sample, Lauren used two kinds of patterned paper. I have such a hard time mixing and matching patterns! Here, I used some fun flocked paper that I found at Target when they replenished the scrapbooking aisle and made my own piece of patterned paper using the Petals jumbo wheel. I don't have many ink cartridges for the wheel handles, so I just ink up the wheel by running it over an ink pad a few times and repeating after each pass across the paper--works fine for small areas. I stamped the flower from Polka Dots & Paisley on white cardstock, then punched it out with a mega scalloped oval punch, then layered that on top of a Pixie Pink giga scalloped oval punch. I used my paper piercer to punch little holes in each of the scalloped "bumps." The final touch was a little pink rhinestone at the flower base--a perfect finish!

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Polka Dots & Paisley and Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp sets; Petals jumbo wheel and handle; Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, and Pink Passion Classic inks; Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; dimensionals
Other: flocked paisley paper (Target); mega and giga scalloped oval punches (Marvy Uchida); self-adhesive rhinestone (Joann); turquoise ribbon (AC Moore-dollar ribbon bin)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips