Monday, April 9, 2007

So Sweet

Over the weekend, my mom and I stopped at a roadside farm stand to pick up some strawberries. They were a beautiful, deep red color. That was definitely the inspiration for this card. I used the reverse masking technique to create it. You can find a tutorial for this technique here on SCS. To make this card, I stamped the scalloped frame image from Stamping Bella (it fits most of the Bella images perfectly!), then masked around the frame image. I filled it in by brayering Ruby Red ink over the center, then stamping the strawberry from Sweet & Sassy randomly. I added Lime Green Stickles to the strawberry stems and dots of clear Stardust gel pen to the strawberries for extra sparkle.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Sweet & Sassy and So Very stamp sets; Basic Black and Ruby Red Classic inks; Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; word window punch; white gel pen; dimensionals; brayer
Other: scalloped frame (Stamping Bella); Lime Green Stickles (Ranger); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); red dotted organdy (Michaels); black brad (Joann)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips