Monday, April 16, 2007

"Tri" a Triangle Trifold

I took a short break from working on swaps for VA Beach and on more craft fair stuff to do today's Technique Lovers Challenge on SCS. Speaking of the craft fair, we've already sold almost $100 of merchandise and it's still 10 days away--at this rate, we'll need to make a bunch more stuff before the event! Anyway, the featured technique is a triangle trifold card. You can find a tutorial for it here. This is a technique I've tried before, so I knew I could get it done pretty quickly. I used some leftover patterned paper from last week's color challenge/elephant card. I love the look of the rows of silver glitter on the black background, but, unfortunately, the paper still has an awful smell. I added a scalloped circle to the front with the flowers from Polka Dots & Paisley, plus a little rhinestone "bling". The inside panel has another red flower, this one with a red brad at the base. I also did some paper piercing on the black mat. This was tricky at first, since the piercing mat I was using was also black and I couldn't see where the edge of the paper was to line it up with the template. I solved that problem by matching the corners of a square of red scrap paper up to the corners of the black paper. I could see the red easily and was able to punch through two layers of cardstock (with a little more effort than needed for one layer, but still do-able).
I also did something new in my photo tonight. I figured out how to merge two images into one so you can both the opened and closed card in the same image. Took some trial and error, but eventually it kinda worked. Slowly, but surely, I'm starting to get the hang of using Photoshop Elements.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set; Real Red and Basic Black markers; Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock; white gel pen; mat pack and paper piercing tool; stampin' dimensionals; narrow black organdy ribbon
Other: mega circle scallop punch (Marvy Uchida); patterned paper (DCWV's The Glitter Stack); self-adhesive rhinestones; red brad (Joann)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips