Saturday, May 19, 2007

Amuse Sketch Challenge

In anticipation of July's A-Muse-A-Palooza, Amuse is running a bunch of fun contests for great prizes. The most recent contest was to complete a sketch challenge, using, of course, Amuse stamps. I just got this adorable margarita stamp at my local stamp store (Rubber Chicken Stamp Art). I must admit I LOVE a good margarita, so as soon as I saw it, I knew I needed this stamp. When I saw the sketch, I decided to break the margarita out for this challenge. After all, it is the weekend . . .

I stamped the margarita in black ink, then masked the image and stamped the small oval for the glass to "sit" on. The margarita is colored with Prismacolor colored pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. I used Crystal Effects to coat the colored area and give the margarita a "liquid-y" look and added Stickles to accent the salted rim of the margarita glass. These cute, detailed images call out for extra touches like these, don't they? I matted the margarita image on two scalloped squares that are (carefully) overlapped to form a rectangle mat. The strip of green polka dotted paper from Memory Box's Sugar Collection matches the margarita perfectly. The "[got margaritas?]" sentiment was difficult for me to stamp. I tried it out on scrap paper a few times and kept either missing the tops or bottoms of letters. Even with practice, the sentiment came out kinda blurry on the card, but I guess that kind of goes along with having a margarita, doesn't it?

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock; Certainly Celery and Always Artichoke Classic inks; dimensionals; Crystal Effects
Other: margarita, sentiment, and small oval stamp (Amuse Art Stamps); mega square scalloped punch (Marvy Uchida); green grosgrain (AC Moore dollar bin); green dotted paper (Memory Box Sugar Collection); Lime Green Stickles (Ranger); Prismacolor colored pencils; odorless mineral spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips