Sunday, May 27, 2007

Another Blogger Sketch Challenge

Here's another card using the Hot Stuff set from My Favorite Things that came in my Paper Pretties box. The materials I used for the card are also (mostly) the ones from the Paper Pretties box, too.

The layout for this card is the layout Beate posted on her blog as part of a challenge (see the sketch and her version of the card here). I cut the cardfront down from a standard size to a 4 1/2" square card. The main image is stamped in black ink, then colored with my SU! markers. It really matches better IRL than in the photo! Stepping "out" of the Paper Pretties box, I used some SU! papers in Cool Caribbean and Regal Rose as mats for the main image, the circle tag, and the dotted paper. The SU! colors complemented the papers and embellishments from Paper Pretties beautifully.

On the coffee mugs, I used a Tombow marker that I found at my local stamp store that matches SU!'s Cool Caribbean pretty well. It's number 451, in case you're interested. The skin color is a Prismacolor marker I got at Michaels called Brick Beige (PM-78).


Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Cool Caribbean, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock; Cool Caribbean and Close to Cocoa Classic inks; Regal Rose and Close to Cocoa markers; mat pack and paper piercing tool; 1 3/8" circle punch
Other: Hot Stuff stamp set (My Favorite Things Stamps); Palette Noir Black ink (Superior); Cinnamon Stick cardstock (Bazill); Pristine herringbone patterned paper (Paper Salon); Pristine polka dot patterned paper (Paper Salon); pink brad; pink satin ribbon; Tombow marker 451 (matches Cool Caribbean!); Brick Beige marker (Prismacolor)

1 comment:

  1. Great card, Lori! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips