Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Love It--That Paper Piercing Template

The card I made for today's SCS sketch challenge was actually inspired by a card Vera brought to a shoebox swap last month. You can see the card here. She used the hostess set, Love It, and the matching paper piercing template for her card. After using the template, I added it to my next SU! order. I love using these templates for adding extra detail with ease.

The card base is stamped with the Dots & Daisies background stamp. I used the Love It Classy Brass template to make the flower outline on 4 squares of cardstock. The holes from the paper piercing template were really tiny, so I ended up punching them again, without the template, to enlarge the holes a little bit so they'd stand out. The flower on the card is the large flower image from the stamp with three flowers from the Love It set. It's a big enough size and spaced in a way that it was easy to ink just that part of the stamp. I added brads to the centers of the flowers. The brads were covered with glue, then dipped in Dazzling Diamonds to make them shimmery. I attached the flowers with dimensionals to set them apart from the paper piercing. There's faux stitching around the flower panel to go with the stitching in the blue grosgrain ribbon. I had originally planned to use a Cuttlebug ribbon slider and an image from Riveting on the bottom portion of the card, but it looked too big when I tried it. So, I switched to a metal charm that I had picked up in the dollar scrapbooking supplies at Michaels. I stamped "for you" on the charm in Staz-on and attached the charm with some silver cord a tiny ring. Cute and springy!
Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Love It, Dots & Daisies, and All Year Cheer 1 stamp sets; Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, and Pretty in Pink Classic inks; Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; Love It Classy Brass template; white gel pen; dimensionals; 2-way glue pen; Dazzling Diamonds; silver cord
Other: blue stitched grosgrain ribbon (AC Moore); pink flower charm (Lil' Davis Designs, Michaels); Azure Staz-on

4 comments:

  1. This is a really cute card! I love the soft colors and the details are terriffic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Lori. Love the soft colors and the little pink flower charm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog....I'll be back!!! (jmhutnik)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips