Friday, May 11, 2007

No Stamps--Again

Today's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS was to create a card with open spaces--no embossing, no stamping, no patterned paper, no embellishments in the open space. This card came together quickly and easily. Maybe that's because it's so simple? I should try this more often!

Like yesterday's card, this card has no stamped elements. The flower is (yes . . . another) chipboard piece cut with my Cuttlebug, covered with craft ink and Iridescent Ice embossing powder, then heat embossed. I put a big self-adhesive rhinestone in the flower's center. The patterned paper strip is from DCWV's Spring Matstack of patterned papers. I picked the colors for the card (Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery) from the paper's colors. I put two pink brads at the bottom right of the patterned cardstock for balance.
The ribbon is wrapped around the card, with the ends glued to the back of the cardstock. The "bow" is actually a small scrap of ribbon, tied in a knot and stuck to the ribbon with a glue dot. This patterned paper is not very thick and it was too bend-y when I tried tying the ribbon around the cardstock, so I took a short cut. I decided not to put a sentiment on the card. It worked okay without one and I was afraid that adding one would ruin the open spaces.
I liked this layout so much that I made another card using the same layout, but with different patterned paper and chipboard shape. I have to wait until Sunday to share that card, so be sure to check back then to see it . . .
I'm off to finish preparations for a shoebox swap tomorrow, then sleep. Cosmo and I are still recovering from broken air conditioning. He didn't sleep last night because the top floor of our house was pretty warm. He kept moving around and sighing heavily all night. I felt so bad for him! When I turned on the AC yesterday evening to cool off the house, I realized that I had forgotten that the AC was broken when I turned it off in October--oops! Fortunately, the repair service was able to fix it this afternoon before the weather got really unbearably hot. It's starting to cool down now, so hopefully it will be a restful evening.
Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Regal Rose Craft ink; Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock; Iridescent Ice embossing powder; celery grosgrain ribbon; mat pack and paper piercing tool; dimensionals; glue dot
Other: The Spring Matstack (DCWV); pink brads (Joann); self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels); flower diecut (Cuttlebug)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips