Tuesday, May 22, 2007

One of My Faves

Today's SCS color challenge was to use Old Olive, Certainly Celery, and Elegant Eggplant (well, actually Vintage Violet, but I don't have that color . . .). This is one of my favorite color combos, so I had to give it a try again. One of the cards I did for a shoebox swap earlier this spring used this very same combo. You can see that card here. I also love using Elegant Eggplant with Always Artichoke and Mellow Moss, and I like how Sahara Sand goes with that combo, too.

Today I went back (again!) to Doodle This. Everyone else may be tired of seeing stuff made with this set, but I'm not yet! I guess that's what happens when you're late to jump on the bandwagon . . .
The swirly image is stamped in white craft ink on the Eggplant cardstock. I love the contrast of the white against the deep purple shade. Once the ink dried, I added Diamond Stickles to the little dots around the doodles. The Stickles have a cool look on the dark cardstock, almost a coppery red, rather than the clear sparkle in the bottle. The flower was also stamped with white craft ink, then covered with white embossing powder and heat embossed. I cut it out and curled the petals down for dimension, then placed it on a scalloped circle. There's a big self-adhesive rhinestone in the flower center. I got a few packs of these at Michaels during the holidays, but I haven't used many because they're kind of big, so they need a big image to look proportional. No sentiment here--couldn't decide where to fit it, so I just left it off.
Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Doodle This stamp set; white craft ink; Old Olive, Certainly Celery, and Elegant Eggplant cardstock; small corner rounder; mat pack and paper piercing tool; dimensional; eggplant and spring moss grosgrain; Winter White embossing powder
Other: mega scalloped circle punch (Marvy Uchida); self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels); Diamond Stickles (Ranger)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips