Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Shakin' Cupcake Card

Today's sketch challenge on SCS was to use a long, narrow image as the focal point of your creation. Right away, I thought of making this sketch into a shaker card--I'm not sure why, but that jumped to my mind. It was easy to make the window for the confetti and a frame for the window using my 1 1/4" square punch a few times in a row.

I pulled out my collection of clear dollar stamps from Michaels, Joann, and AC Moore, knowing that I would find tons of tiny images that would be perfect for this challenge--and that had never been inked up yet. Yes, I had to have them all, but I have yet to actually use them. I found this cute cupcake stamp in one of the packages and immediately knew this was the one to use. Three of the images fit exactly on the 1 1/4" by 3 1/2" main image panel. I colored them with Prismacolor pencils and accented the images with Stickles. After waiting (and waiting) for the Stickles to dry, I assembled the card with the "shake-y" stuff--some irridescent confetti circles from the party store. I love the cupcake sentiment! Unfortunately, I do a little too much cupcake eating, so the sentiment is more appropriate than I'd like to admit . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Basic Black and Real Red Classic inks; Real Red, Ballet Blue, and Whisper White cardstock; 1 1/4" square punch; word window punch
Other: clear acrylic cupcake stamp (Studio G); sentiment (Savvy Stamps); Spots and Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); foam tape (Duck); window sheets; crystal brad (Making Memories); Candy Cane and Gold Stickles (Ranger); Prismacolor pencils; confetti

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I'm just starting to do the color and sketch challenges, they are fun!

    You and the other blogging ladies have inspired me to start my own blog, i hope you'll stop by and check it out.

    jans-gonestampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cute shaker card. I like the little sparkles in there. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips