Friday, May 18, 2007

Soft and Sassy Stems

Today's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS gave me a chance to try something I've been wanting to do since I saw it demonstrated at the SU! VA Beach regional seminar last month. The challenge provided a (limited) list of options to choose from for making a card. The most important item on the list was to select one flower image and stamp it only one time on the card.

I chose an image from Sassy Stems. I love these flower images--they're fun and modern. I stamped the image on a piece of white vellum cardstock using Staz-on, then, after it dried, flipped the vellum cardstock over and colored the back of the image using Watercolor Wonder Crayons. Then, I used glue dots to adhere the vellum cardstock to a Cool Caribbean mat. The glue dots are stuck on part of the image that's colored in. The WWC are just opaque enough to do a great job of hiding the adhesive, which is so tricky when you're using vellum. This was a technique that was demonstrated at the regional seminar and I thought it was a great idea for using vellum. The WWC have such a soft look on the vellum IRL. I used a small background stamp (dots) and sentiment from Polka Dots & Paisley and a piece of dotted grosgrain ribbon to finish off the card.

If you haven't already, check out the post about my very first blog candy. I'll be selecting a winner on Saturday, so you still have some time to comment on the post here.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Sassy Stems and Polka Dots & Paisley stamp sets; Regal Rose and Tempting Turquoise Classic inks; Jet Black Staz-on; Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise, Cool Caribbean, Gable Green, and white vellum cardstock; Tempting Turquoise marker; Watercolor Wonder Crayons; glue dots
Other: pink brads (Joann); blue dotted grosgrain (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. I forget how much I like that flower image until I see it used again! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips