Friday, June 29, 2007

Beachy Bella

In anticipation of my upcoming beach break over July 4th, here's a bright Bella card with a beach theme. I can only wish that I looked like the cute little Bella in a bathing suit of any kind . . .

The finished card measures 5 1/2" by 5 1/2". The main images is a Beachabella image I got through the SCS WISH-RAK forum. The Bella was colored with Prismacolor pencils. I added some white gel pen dots to her bikini. I carried the dot theme on to the red panel, which I covered with the new jumbo wheel, and the paper piercing on the orange mat under the Bella. I even used dots on the sentiment. I drew a little dot before and after the word "fun."

The striped paper is by Memory Box. It's double sided and the back is striped too, but in shades of blues and greens. I bought this package of their Beach Collection cardstock at my local stamp store in anticipation of the arrival (hopefully very soon) of my June PaperPretties box. The stamp set in the June box will have a brand new, beach-themed set from My Favorite Things.
The big bunch of Bellas from the recent Bella image swap I participated in through the Bellaholics Anonymous group on Yahoo arrived earlier this week, so I'm sure there will be more Bella cards coming to Inking Aloud very soon.

Also, I'm getting close to reaching 25,000 visits to my blog. I think 25,000 is a good number for the next blog candy giveaway, don't you? I've been collecting some fun things to celebrate this special occasion, so check back soon for more details.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp set; See You Around jumbo wheel and handle; Basic Black, Real Red, and Only Orange Classic inks; Real Red, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, and Whisper White cardstock; red and yellow grosgrain; word window punch; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white gel pen; dimensionals; sponge; scalloped scissors (retired)
Other: Beachabella (Stamping Bella); patterned paper (Memory Box's Beach Collection); Prismacolor pencils; yellow brad (Joann); orange grosgrain (AC Moore)

5 comments:

  1. I love it!! I just love the bright beachy colors you used!! tahnks for the great ideas time after time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Since moving to North Texas, I reallymiss the beach. But if it didn't rain every single day, I might enjoy the pool

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bright & cheerful! I love it. Ida

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the summery colors you chose for Beachy Bella!! What a fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the summery colours as well. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips