Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Bella for a Birthday

This card is for one of this month's WISH-RAK Card Contests on SCS. I used a Stamping Bella image (Curly Surpriseabella) sent by a fellow WISH-RAK'er for the main image. The card will be going out in the mail next week to a high school friend who's celebrating a birthday at the start of July.

The Bella is colored with Prismacolor pencils to match the patterned paper. I added dots to one of the gifts with a white gel pen and Stickles to the ribbon of one of the others. The patterned paper is from a Junkitz 6 x6 pad.

I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the sentiment to line up. I originally stamped the sentiment directly on the cardfront, but I didn't get it right on the first try, so I had to make an adjustment to my design--hence the strip of coral paper. I think I actually like the coral strip with the sentiment more than my original plan . . .

I'm heading to my friend's house tonight for some stamping time. I hope to have some fun stuff from tonight to share tomorrow or later in the week.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: All in a Row and Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp sets; Basic Black and Tempting Turquoise Classic inks; Tempting Turquoise, Cameo Coral, and Whisper White cardstock; dimensionals; Stamp-a-ma-jig; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white gel pen

Other: Curly Surprisabella (Stamping Bella); Salsa patterned paper (Junkitz); coral ribbon (AC Moore dollar bin); Prismacolor Pencils; Lime Green Stickles (Ranger); black Glaze pen (Sakura)

5 comments:

 
Blogging tips