Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bright Boots

Today's featured stamper on SCS is another outstanding stamper--Cambria. She is SO creative. I love checking out her blog, Stamp a Little Love, Baby!, for new ideas and projects.

I needed to make a get well/thinking of you card for one of the secretaries in my office who had surgery on Friday morning, so my goal was to create something bright and cheerful. This card is based on one in Cambria's SCS gallery that uses the new hostess set Vases in Vogue. You can see the card here. I replaced that set with images from Flower Filled and both Big and Little Pieces. I kept the layout mostly the same, with the exception of the placement of the sentiment. Her card used the new SU! In Colors, but since I was going for bright, I changed that up, too.

The flowered panel uses All in a Row for the faux stitching. Cambria's card uses real, sewing machine stitching, but that's WAY out of my skill range! This was my first time using this set for faux stitching and I found that I didn't do a great job of lining the image up, even with the help of my Stamp-a-ma-jig.

I stamped the large flower from Big Pieces and the small flower from Little Pieces on the panel in craft inks. I love how the craft inks look stamped on colored cardstock. I need to try to do this more often! I got the sets of craft spots in the Soft Subtles and Bold Brights families instead of buying full-sized craft pads. I figured this would help me decide if I liked the craft inks, and if I did, which colors I might use enough to buy in full-size pads.

I think my favorite part of the card is how the ribbon is tied through the image panel. I know I'll use this little trick again . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Flower Filled, Little Pieces, Big Pieces, and All in a Row stamp sets; Real Red, Only Orange, and Green Galore Classic inks; Real Red, Only Orange, and Barely Banana Craft inks; Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock; Crystal Clear embossing powder; Stamp-a-ma-jig; dimensionals; 1/2" circle punch; horizontal slot punch

Other: sentiment (Paper Tray set from
Papertrey Ink); red dotted organdy (Michaels); red brad (Joann); Fruit Punch Stickles (Ranger)

2 comments:

  1. Your card is just lovely. It is *very* cheerful and I am sure that the secretary in your office will ove it.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! I've never been very fond of these boots, but you have changed my mind with this card! Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips