Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Flower for You

I thought that today's SCS sketch challenge would be an easy one. My first try ended up in the trash can--so much for easy. I do, however, like this version, which was my second try.

The focal image on the card is one I got from a generous SCS WISH-RAK'er last week. It's from the Stampendous Bee Collection--so cute! I colored the bee image with Prismacolor pencils, then added a few accents. The flower center and bee's antenna tips are colored with Glaze pens for a shiny look. I covered the bee's wings with Dazzling Diamonds. I inked around the circle using my Real Red ink pad. It's a little smudgy--I must have the world's inkiest Real Red ink pad . . .

The black strip has paper piercing along the edges. Unfortunately, that didn't show up in the photo. For some reason, I always have trouble photographing cards with a lot of red. The "a flower for you" sentiment from Vases in Vogue was a perfect match for the image.


Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Vases in Vogue stamp set; Real Red and Basic Black Classic inks; Real Red, Barely Banana, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; Dazzling Diamonds; Coluzzle and circle template
Other: bee image (Stampendous); dotted scalloped circle (Gina K Designs); giga scalloped circle punch (Marvy Uchida); Prismacolor pencils; red and yellow Glaze pens (Sakura); red dotted organdy (Michaels); black brad (Making Memories)

1 comment:

  1. Love the card. The bee is sooooo cute. I could see this used as a Fourth of July card also with the bee holding a flag. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips