Monday, June 18, 2007

Four Flowers Fast

I have a paper due for tomorrow night's class (and two textbook chapters to read, too) and I am NOT finished yet. But, the stamps, and a swap due later this week, were calling me after a weekend away, so here I am.

Fortunately, today's SCS Technique Lovers Challenge called for making a quick card that's easy to make in multiples. This one was really quick and easy to do. It's a 4 1/4" by 4 1/4" card that uses only one stamp set, Polka Dots & Paisley.
For the flower images, I stamped off the flower image, then stamped on 4 different colors of cardstock. I stamped the flower outline over the image, then added a small spot of Dazzling Diamonds glitter at the flower's center. I punched them out using the 1 3/8" circle punch. This is a great way to use up those extra little scrap pieces.

For the "frame" piece, I stamped the dot background on the white cardstock, then rounded the corners. To space the circles evenly, I used 4 sticky notes for placement--placed them on the white cardstock where I wanted them, then punched away using the 1 3/8" circle punch. I put dimensionals under the white panel, stuck it to the cardfront, then placed the flowers randomly inside the panel. A little ribbon, a quick sentiment, and a finished card!

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set; Regal Rose, Cool Caribbean, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, and Pretty in Pink Classic inks; Regal Rose, Cool Caribbean, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock; light pink grosgrain; 1 3/8" circle punch; Dazzling Diamonds; dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. I love this card! The layout, and colors are great. It's a great card to duplicate for many occassions!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips