Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Hoppy!

The sketch for this card came from Lauren's Saturday Sketch. I changed the dimensions of the card to a regular 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" card, so the proportions are a little different than in the original sketch. It still worked okay, or at least I think it did . . .

I used the frog stamp from the Very Punny set for the main image on the card. I stamped the Amuse scalloped line in gray ink as a jumping "path" for the froggy. The image on the right side of the stamped panel is blurry on purpose--really! In her card, Lauren showed a technique called "the Donna." It's used to imply motion of a stamped image and is done by stamping the image repeatedly, without reinking the stamp, each time at a slightly different spot. I practiced a bunch of times on scrap paper, but Lauren's take on the technique is still much more effective than mine. One frog is raised with a dimensional to look like he's hopping off the card.

The sentiment is stamped with Snap Stamps. It's the same sentiment as the one in the SU! set, but on a larger scale. I love the idea behind these stamps! You can spell out a word and because the letters attach securely together, you're (almost) guaranteed that your sentiment will be straight and have even spaces between the letters.

My summer graduate school class started this evening after work. I'll be at class two nights a week for the next six weeks, learning about how to deliver professional development to teachers to support their use of technology, so it's likely that the combo of actually attending class and doing the required work will cut in to my stamping time. Just a warning that you may not hear from me as much as usual over the next few weeks . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Very Punny stamp set; Going Gray and Old Olive Classic inks; Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Pink Passion, and Whisper White cardstock; Watercolor Wonder Crayons; aquapainter; dimensional; sponge
Other: Noir Black Palette Hybrid ink (Stewart Superior); small casual Snap Stamps (Karen Foster); scalloped line (Amuse Art Stamps); Amy Butler Belle Mat Pad patterned paper (K & Company); silver brads (Joann); pink and green stitched grosgrain (AC Moore)

5 comments:

  1. OMW! Lori your card is fabulous! I loved that you tride the Donna Tehnique too! WAY cool. Isnt it such a fun layout and technique?

    Thanks for showing me your version.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Great idea and I love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! That frog looks real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Card! I love the way you've created this!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips