Friday, June 8, 2007

More New Stamps

I finished cutting and mounting all my new stamp sets this afternoon. Here's another card with one of the sets from the upcoming SU! catalog. This is one of the new hostess sets, Vases in Vogue. I love that this set has a bunch of options--4 different vases, 3 different flowers, 6 sentiments, and a big flower for backgrounds or embellishments. The combinations are endless (well, probably not, but math is NOT my thing--that's why I taught kindergarten . . .).

Even though this is a new set, I used a retiring In Color on the card. I will really miss that Cool Caribbean! Fortunately, there are two new blue colors to make up for losing it. I stamped the vase on Cool Caribbean, then cut it out carefully. I used dimensionals to attach it over the vase I stamped on the white panel. The small flower is also stamped on colored cardstock (Regal Rose) and cut out. I glued it right to the white panel, then covered it with Dazzling Diamonds.

The patterned paper is a scrap of Loves Me designer paper from the Winter Mini catalog. I really like this paper and hope it will be available in the new catalog, but I don't think it will be because it has (retiring) Cool Caribbean in it. I stamped the sentiment in Taken with Teal ink on a Regal Rose scrap and punched it out with the 3/4" hole punch.

The flower on the Close to Cocoa cardfront is also from the Vases in Vogue set. It matches the small flower I used and makes a great coordinating background.

Materials Used (All from Stampin' Up!):
Vases in Vogue stamp set; Taken with Teal, Close to Cocoa, and Basic Black Classic inks; Gable Green marker; Close to Cocoa, Taken with Teal, Regal Rose, Cool Caribbean, and Whisper White cardstock; Loves Me designer paper; taupe grosgrain; mat pack and paper piercing tool; 3/4" circle punch; silver brad; Dazzling Diamonds; dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. I really like the color combo! Your cards are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips