Tuesday, June 19, 2007

No More Treats!

My paper for class is finished and turned in, and I really like this color combination, so I couldn't resist trying today's SCS challenge. The colors are Real Red, Barely Banana, and Creamy Caramel. As I was making this card, the color combo seemed really familiar. I realized that yesterday I made a card for my swap group using different shades of these colors (Rose Red, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip). I'll post that card once I've gotten the swap cards back.

This card uses one of my favorite retiring sets, Treat Yourself. I have used this set to make countless children's birthday cards since it first appeared in the SU! catalog. The gumball machine is colored with Prismacolor pencils and doesn't clash with the Real Red background IRL--I swear!!

The gumball machine is attached like a shaker card, but nothing in the card "shakes." Basically, the white panel is raised on foam tape so that the gumball pieces can be dimensional and look like they're enclosed in glass. To do this, I used a 1 1/2" circle punch to punch a circle out of the top of the gumball machine. I put a piece of acetate behind it to look like the glass top. The gumballs are 1/2" circles punched out of colored paper, then randomly glued and/or attached with dimensionals.

The Creamy Caramel background is embossed with the Cuttlebug Spots and Dots folder. It kind of reminds me of the gumballs . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Treat Yourself stamp set; Basic Black Classic ink; Real Red marker; Real Red, Barely Banana, Creamy Caramel, and Whisper White cardstock; 1/2" circle punch; large oval punch; dimensionals
Other: Spots and Dots A2 embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Prismacolor pencils; 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); red brad (Joann); red gingham (Michaels dollar bin); acetate; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. I really like your card. I should have pulled out my cuttlebug too. I am new to "blarfing" and just opened my open blog; but I love all the inspiration I can get. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips