Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tiers of Treats--Sweet!

This post *almost* didn't make it tonight. We've been having some thunderstorms here this afternoon and evening and our power went out for over an hour. That's pretty unusual for my neighborhood. I was just about to throw in the towel and drag myself and Cosmo over to my parents' house for the night when the power returned.

This card was just about finished when the lights went out. I came home today to two envelopes full of WISH-RAK images. One of the envelopes had this cute Stampendous Tiers of Treats image and I had to try it out for today's SCS sketch challenge. I colored the image using Prismacolor pencils and added some embellishment (clear Glaze pen to make the cherries shine, Liquid Applique for puffy cupcake icing).

The yellow patterned paper is from K & Company. In the picture the paper looks a little greener than it is in person, but the yellow does have a greenish cast to it. I used Pretty in Pink paper and the dots from Polka Dots & Paisley to make my own patterned paper to finish off the background.

Now, off to clean up the mess I made before the lights went out . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: So Very and Polka Dots & Paisley stamp sets; Basic Black and Regal Rose Classic inks; Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock; silver brads; dimensionals; tab punch
Other: Tiers of Treats stamp (Stampendous); Prismacolor pencils; patterned paper (Brenda Walton's Small Wonders Girl Confetti Dots by K & Company); white Liquid Applique (Marvy Uchida); clear Glaze pen (Sakura)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips