Sunday, July 15, 2007

Earthy-Toned Flower

Today's featured stamper on SCS is Mothermark/Cindy. Her gallery (see it here) is another one that's filled with really detailed cards with lots and lots of layers, cut out pieces, and patterned paper. This is a style that's not natural to me, so it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do for the challenge.

Here is a link to the card I based my challenge card on. I kept the stamp set the same (Doodle This), but made changes to the colors and layout. I used some of the new designer paper I got with my SU! order on Friday for this card. It's from the Fall Flowers pack. Love the earthy colors in the paper! The patterns on this card are from the same sheet of paper. The dotted paper replaces the band of ribbon in the original card. It's from the Prints Designer Series paper.

I stamped the large flower in Versamark on Soft Sky cardstock, then covered it with black embossing powder and heat embossed. I cut out the embossed flowers and layered them like Cindy did in her original card. I like the way the flower looks when it's layered. I used a pop up glue dot to attach the flower to the scalloped circle so it would be raised.

On the original card, the scalloped circle is centered. I adjusted that a little in my version, moving the circle over to the left and adding some ribbon for balance. No sentiment--couldn't find the "right" one to go with this card, so I just left it out.

I did a little shopping this morning--I needed new lamps for my family room--and ended up with some extras to "share" with my blog readers. Check back later for a chance at some blog candy . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Doodle This stamp set; Versamark; Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Soft Sky, and River Rock cardstock; Fall Flowers and Soft Sky Prints Series designer paper; black embossing powder; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white gel pen; ticket corner punch; glue dots; pop up glue dot
Other: giga scalloped circle punch (Marvy Uchida); blue button (Walmart); black linen thread (Walmart); white dotted ribbon (Michaels); blue brads (Making Memories)

2 comments:

  1. I love the button in the center of the flower. I'm not sure I would ever think to use these colors on a card with flowers but it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and colour combo. I don't think to use that combo myself but now I see how well they go together I will have to give them a try. TFS

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips