Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sneak Peek!

I wasn't going to post today, but when I saw today's sketch challenge on SCS, I knew I'd have a little time to participate. The last thing I had to design and prepare before leaving for convention this weekend was something for a shoebox swap I'll be attending. This tent topper card is a variation on the one I'm bringing for the swap--a sneak preview, I guess. Since I already had the stamps and paper out and cut, and needed a thank you for a colleague, I decided to complete a card for the challenge.

The color combination came from one I saw in the catalog. I like blue and brown together and I like pink and brown together, so combining all three colors makes sense to me. I used Blue Bayou, one of the new In Colors, on this card. That's the color of the "ginormous" flower at the center of the topper. The flower fit perfectly inside a mega circle punch!
I like how the scalloped edges of the circle and on the bottom of the card are similar in look to the edges of the flower--it kind of ties it all together, doesn't it?

Cosmo and I are still sweltering here tonight. The A/C should be repaired tomorrow afternoon. I have all of our ceiling fans going to move the air, but it's not really cooling things off. The thermostat says that the temperature inside the house is somewhere in the mid 80's. It's a good thing that it's not as hot as it often gets here in July . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Ginormous Flowers and Short & Sweet stamp sets; See You Around jumbo wheel and handle; Blue Bayou and Pretty in Pink Classic inks; Blue Bayou, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White cardstock; 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches; taupe grosgrain (retired); slit punch; silver brad; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white gel pen; dimensionals
Other: Pink Stickles (Ranger); giga scalloped circle and mega circle punch (Marvy Uchida)

1 comment:

  1. I like it alot! Those colours are great together for sure! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips