Sunday, July 1, 2007

L Is For Love

It's Sunday, so that means it's time for the featured stamper challenge on SCS. This week's featured stamper, Faith/markie's mom is one of the newest members of my swap group. I can't wait to get a card that she's designed in our upcoming new catalog swap . . . Her cards are amazingly detailed and intricate. I could never replicate her unique style, but I gave it a try today for this challenge. The end result is something much more my style than Faith's, but I'm happy with it anyway.

I based the design of my card on this card of Faith's. I changed some of the colors and altered the layout somewhat, too. Faith's card used the monogram "H." I decided to use the monogram "L" for mine. I also used the kissing technique on the monogram letter, but it didn't really work. I covered the L in Versamark, then pressed it to the Linen background stamp, then on to Cranberry Crisp cardstock. I covered the Versamark in clear embossing powder, but for some reason, the linen-y pattern didn't get transferred. I trimmed around the embossed letter and put it on the cardfront with dimensionals. The Soft Swirls background image is stamped in Sage Shadow ink to match the cardstock and the hearts are colored with the white gel pen.

I stamped the rest of the letters in the word "love" using the Short Order Alphabet. I got this in April, but haven't yet used it. Cutting out and assembling a double alphabet is a BIG task and I just couldn't bring myself to do it yet. So, I just cut out the letters I needed for this card (yes, I know that's kind of cheating . . . ). I liked how Faith added a circle with a "4 you" to her card, so I modified that a little for this card by putting a "U" on a layered tag punch. A little velvet ribbon finished the tag, and the card, off.

In other news, my blog has reached over 25,000 visits (and has 103 email subscribers, too)! WOW! Thanks to everyone for stopping by to check it out. As promised, I'll be posting blog candy giveaway information shortly, so be sure to check back . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Monogram L, Short Order Alphabet, Soft Swirls, and Linen stamp sets; Cranberry Crisp and Sage Shadow Classic inks; Creamy Caramel, Sage Shadow, Cranberry Crisp, and Whisper White cardstock; small and regular tag punches; ticket corner punch; Crystal Clear embossing powder; white gel pen; dimensionals
Other: brown velvet ribbon (Michaels); 7/8" and 1 1/8" circle punches (EK Success); heart brad (Joann)

1 comment:

  1. I really think you did a great job of coming up with your own card but using the ideas of Faith's that you liked. If I case your card, what's that called? A case of a case?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips