Friday, July 13, 2007

Smile Bouquet

My new stamps couldn't wait until tomorrow! The new Ginormous Flowers set was *perfect* for today's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS. The challenge was to create a bouquet using flower stamps and incorporate a sentiment into the bouquet. Ginormous Flowers reminds me a lot of the Big Blooms set from the Spring Mini catalog. I really liked Big Blooms, but ended up not ordering it, so when I saw Ginormous Flowers in the new catalog, I couldn't pass it up.

In addition to new stamps, I used new In Colors on this card, too. This is the first time I've used Groovy Guava and Purely Pomegranate. They look great together! I stamped the large flower with Groovy Guava, then cut it out and layered the "smile" sentiment from Be Happy over the flower's center. I used the new five petal flower punch to punch out a Pomegranate flower. I had to have this punch once I realized it would fit the flowers in In the Spotlight and this set, too. The tiny flower is stamped in So Saffron ink on So Saffron cardstock so it will stand out a little more. I stamped the Linen background on the white cardstock background. It's a nice looking detail IRL.

The vase is a punch that I found at AC Moore on clearance. I tied a little piece of stitched ribbon that's a pretty close match to the Purely Pomegranate around the vase. I hand-drew the stems and I'm actually reasonably pleased with how they turned out. Usually, I'm not happy with anything that I draw on a card, even simple lines or doodles. Maybe tomorrow I'll try using Ginormous Flowers with the new Stem Sayings set . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Ginormous Flowers, Be Happy, and Linen stamp sets; Groovy Guava, Purely Pomegranate, Always Artichoke, and So Saffron Classic inks; Always Artichoke marker; Groovy Guava, Purely Pomegranate, So Saffron, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches; five petal flower punch; dimensionals
Other: vase punch (Marvy Uchida); stitched ribbon (AC Moore); copper brads (Making Memories)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips