Sunday, July 22, 2007

Soft and Fuzzy Deer

This week's featured stamper on SCS is annieht/Ana. Hers is another gallery I wasn't familiar with before, but it has lots of great, detailed creations. You can find her SCS gallery here and her blog, Ink a Stamp, here.

Okay, so I took a little creative license here--I do know that deer are NOT pink, especially since we have quite a few living around here. But, I got the idea in my head last night that the deer from Moose You (and the moose, too, now that I think of it) would be so adorable if it were flocked so it was soft and fuzzy. I thought I had brown flocking powder, but since I didn't have it and I wasn't ready to give up my idea, I had to settle for pink--hence, the pink-hued deer you see in this card.

My card is based on this card from Ana's gallery. I kept the layout basically the same, but changed the colors and the stamp sets I used. I think this would have worked better if I had used a wider ribbon in color that contrasted more with the patterned paper, which is actually flocked, too.

I used Stampendous Pixie Pink Fun Flock that I got from Eclectic Paperie. To stick the flocking powder on, I used a Palette stamp and stick glue pad. This was the first time I had used the gluepad, so I wasn't sure how it would work. It seemed to work okay with the Fun Flock. The Fun Flock isn't a grainy powder like embossing powder. It's more like dryer lint, actually, for lack of a better analogy, and kind of clumps together, so I don't think it would work great on a detailed image. I actually used my paper piercing tool to "scrape" out the deer's spots and eyes since they got covered by the powder. I will definitely use the Fun Flock again--maybe with the animals from Wild About You or letters from Big Deal Alphabet.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Moose You and Polka Dot stamp sets; Pink Passion and Barely Banana Classic inks; Barely Banana, Pixie Pink, Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; word window punch; dimensionals
Other: Pixie Pink Fun Flock (Stampendous--from Eclectic Paperie); flocked paper (Target); Palette Stamp & Stick Gluepad; giga scalloped circle and mega circle punches (Marvy Uchida) 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); yellow brads (Making Memories); pink and blue ribbon (Michaels Ribbon Jam spools)

1 comment:

  1. oooo, I clicked on the picture to get a better look. She definitely looks soft and fuzzy -- love the eyes too.

    This one is just way to cute!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips