Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Special Delivery

I had a hard time with today's SCS sketch challenge! It took a while for me to find the right pieces to pull it together, but I finally came up with something I liked.

I used the scooter from The Wheel Thing, which was in last year's SU! summer mini catalog. I have used the wagon and wheelbarrow images a lot, but I think this may be the first time I've inked up the scooter. It's so cute! I used markers so I could give the image multiple colors. The Amuse small oval stamp is stamped underneath the scooter to "ground" it. When I've done this in the past, I've usually used Going Gray, but today I used Soft Sky ink. I like the softer, cleaner look of the light blue--I think this is what I'll end up using from now on.

The vase is cut from some scraps of Close to Cocoa cardstock. I used the little flower from the just retired Fun with Shapes set in the vase. My original plan was to use one of the square stamps from Fun with Shapes for the vase, but it was too big for the space, so I had to make an adjustment. The (also just retired) Everyday Blossoms jumbo wheel matched the shape of the tiny flower, so I used that as a background.

The patterned paper is a scrap of leftover Dots and Dashes designer paper (also just retired--a theme on tonight's card, I guess . . .). I added some iridescent flower sequins to the edge of the triangle and a sentiment on a word window punch piece.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: The Wheel Thing, Happy Everything and Fun with Shapes stamp sets; Everyday Blossoms jumbo wheel and handle; Pink Passion and Soft Sky Classic ink; Pixie Pink, Yoyo Yellow, Basic Black, Going Grey, and Green Galore markers; Basic Black, Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White cardstock; Dots & Dashes designer paper; mat pack and paper piercing tool; word window punch; 1/16" handheld punch; silver brads
Other: small oval stamp (Amuse); Pink and Diamond Stickles (Ranger); giga scalloped circle punch and mega circle punch (Marvy Uchida); flower sequins and brads (Queen & Co.)

4 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute! Who can resist a pink Vespa? Not me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, This is beautiful. I have to work on this challenge tonight. i did not have time last night.
    As always wonderful work...I love the colors..Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful,love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card! It is even more beautiful in person! I received the blog candy! Thanks so much! You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips