Sunday, August 12, 2007

Featured Stamper Flower Duo

Today's featured stamper challenge was another fun one. This week's stamper was jen70 (see her gallery here). She has tons and tons of cards to check out in her gallery and a really cute style.

Her Halloween Flowers card (see it here) caught my eye immediately. That new Halloween set, Batty for You, is absolutely adorable--it will probably find its way onto my next SU! order. I really liked the way she highlighted the small, round images in the center of a scalloped edged flower. I replicated the layout of her card using different stamp sets and colors, as well as a few extra details.

Punching the scalloped circles ended up being the hardest part of this card. I'm still working with my semi-operational scalloped circle punch, waiting for my replacement to arrive. I made my flowers more three dimensional than in the original card by adding dimensionals to some of the layers.

Instead of the Halloween images, I used the retired hostess set, Riveting. The image is the same basic size and shape as the one in the original card and immediately came to mind when I thought about reworking the card.

I liked the look of the stems from In the Spotlight on the original card, so I used that on my card, too. I stamped the stems in Green Galore craft ink so they'd stand out a little more on the Soft Sky cardstock. To go along with the "dotted" look of the stamp set, I used the paper piercing tool to pierce holes around the scalloped circle.
Materials Used:

From Stampin' Up!: Riveting and In the Spotlight stamp sets; Pixie Pink and Tempting Turquoise Classic inks; Green Galore Craft ink; Soft Sky, Pixie Pink, Barely Banana, Tempting Turquoise, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock; scalloped circle punch; 1 1/4" circle punch; 1/2" circle punch; mat pack and paper piercing tool; Pretty in Pink grosgrain; dimensionals; glue dots
Other: 1 1/8" circle punch (EK Success); rhinestones (Walmart)

2 comments:

  1. this card is fantastic, I love all the detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO pretty! Love those scallop flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips