Thursday, August 23, 2007

Halloween Already?

See this post to enter the drawing for my unbirthday blog candy prize.

Today's Ways to Use It challenge on SCS was to create a Halloween card. I knew right away what I wanted to do. In today's mail, I found an envelope full of stamped and punched out images from Batty for You from a fellow SCS WISH-RAK member. So cute! No question that I would be using those images tonight, especially after seeing this challenge! This card is what I came up with. It's basically a "flip" of the layout I used for both my Moose You swap group card and my sister's cow birthday card.

In addition to the Batty for You stamped image, I used this fun patterned paper from a DCWV Fall Matstack. It has lots of Halloween themed images (bats, spiders, ghosts, jack-o-lanterns) mixed in with the paisley shapes. I love the fall colors on the paper and used them to pick the card's colors. I used my long-neglected paper crimper to crimp a strip of paperto add to the top of the patterned paper block.

After a long wait, my replacement scalloped circle punch arrived yesterday. I used it to punch a mat for the pumpkin image. I added some Glaze pen accents to the jack-o-lantern to make it look like it was lit inside with a candle. Quick and easy Halloween card!

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Batty for You stamp set; Pumpkin Pie Classic ink; Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant, Wild Wasabi, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white gel pen; Mellow Moss grosgrain; scalloped punch; 1 3/8" circle punch; dimensionals; paper crimper
Other: patterned paper (DCWV's Fall Matstack); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); yellow and green Glaze pens (Sakura)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips