Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I Picked Pick a Petal

For today's SCS sketch challenge, I took my inspiration from a card I did for a swap at the recent SU! convention. I really liked the card and wanted a chance to revisit it, so this sketch was a good opportunity. I love the blue/brown color combination and I thought that adding something three dimensional or raised to the main panel of the sketch would work well.

I stamped the dotted petal from Pick a Petal in Bashful Blue craft ink, then covered it with clear embossing powder and heat embossed. The embossing gives the petals a glossy look. I attached them with dimensionals, curling them so they looked more realistic (as realistic as you can get with a paper flower, I guess . . .). The center of the flower has a clear button over it for some added interest.

The Bashful Blue paper has white craft ink dots stamped randomly all over it--hard to see in the picture, but they're there, I promise. The panel on the right side has paper pierced "dots" to pick up the dots in the background and on the flower petals. For a sentiment, I stamped "hello" using Snap Stamps (not snapped together so I could place the letters to fit) on a kraft tag.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Pick a Petal stamp set; Bashful Blue and Chocolate Chip Classic inks; Bashful Blue and White Craft inks; Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; glue dots; dimensionals; 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches; Bashful Blue grosgrain; sponge; Kraft tag
Other: Snap Stamps (Karen Foster); clear button (Foo Fa La)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips